You can shoot aerial imagery using a regular drone following our guidelines. We then process them into an exterior 3D scan and optionally 360° panoramas using photogrammetry, and integrate them into your GeoCV 3D Tour in the Tour Editor. Example: http://bit.ly/geocvdrone
Incorporation of exterior 3D scans and aerial 360° panoramas captured with a drone is our premium feature and is inclusive for All-Inclusive and Unlimted plans.
It works as follows:
- You need a regular drone with a good enough camera (for example, we have used Phantom 4 Pro V2.0).
- Flight automation software such as DroneDeploy is recommended. You should also be able to fly manually.
- Guidelines for shooting: http://bit.ly/geocv-drone-manual. You shoot and process the images.
- You use a photogrammetry software (such as DroneDeploy or RealityCapture) to stitch the images into a 3D scan.
- You align the exterior 3D scan with the interior 3D scan using the Tour Editor: