Interior spaces up to 20,000 sqft (approximately 2,000 sq meters) except wide open large empty areas and crowded spaces. GeoCV is not useful for capturing very large spaces like warehouses, shopping malls, airports; outdoor areas such as city blocks, construction sites; mm-cm accuracy demanding applications.
GeoCV solution is great for capturing interior spaces up to 10,000 - 20,000 sqft (approximately 1,000 - 2,000 sq meters) except wide open large empty areas. Here is an example of a 23,000 sqft (approximately 2,070 sq meters) mansion: https://geocv.com/premiumpoint
Capturing of large empty areas is limited in particular because of the limited range of depth camera, which is around 15 feet (5 meters). Such exceptional areas of reasonable size can be captured using QR codes placed on the floor, walls and columns around the area. QR codes could be then removed from 360° panoramas manually.
GeoCV solution is not useful for capturing:
- Objects, people and anything smaller than a closet or a room
- Large outdoor spaces, e.g. a stadium or a city block
- Large interior spaces, e.g. an industrial warehouse
- Wide open large empty spaces, e.g. a 50,000 sqft (approximately 4,500 sq meters) floor of an office building in shell state
- Large spaces, which combine indoor and outdoor, e.g. construction sites
- Anything demanding cm or mm accuracy of measurements
- Crowded spaces